Arrow Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd (Arrow) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. This policy sets out the way in which we will use, manage and protect your personal information.
Arrow collects personal information (which may include health information and sensitive information). Arrow operates in accordance with the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles and this Policy outlines how it meets its obligations with regards to this legislation.
Health information includes information about the health of a person, or health services provided to them. Personal Information generally means information or opinions about a person who is reasonably identifiable from that information. Personal information includes sensitive information. Sensitive Information includes, but is not restricted to, information about a person’s beliefs, religion, race, health status, political affiliations, sexual preferences and practices, income, credit card numbers or associations. Arrow will collect and use only as much Sensitive Information as is required by law or as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the information is collected. How do we use and disclose information?
The directors and employees of Arrow are bound by the laws of the country they operate in. Lawful, proper use and maintenance of personal information in a secure manner is mandatory.
What information does Arrow collect about you?
The types of information Arrow could ask you for will depend on the type of relationship we have with you and may include health information or personal information. It may include the following:
If you are a doctor or pharmacist:
- your name, profession, business address and other contact information
- any comments or suggestions you have regarding our products
- details gathered during calls made by our sales representatives to you to ensure we provide you with a personalised service
- statistical details regarding prescriptions given or filled by you
- details of samples you request from us, and
- (for pharmacists) financial information required for purchases of our products.
If you are an individual consumer:
- your name and contact details
- date of birth
- occupation; and
- any personal information you provide to us which is relevant to your query or complaint. This may include health information you expressly consent to provide us
Arrow only collects information that is reasonably necessary for normal business activities and functions. Your personal information will be collected directly from you, unless it is not reasonable or practical to do so, or you have consented to us obtaining the information from someone else.
What Arrow does with your personal information
Arrow will use your personal information to:
Disclosure of your personal information
- efficiently administer and manage the products and/or services we provide to you
- provide you with information about other products and/or services that may be of benefit to you
- respond to any queries or complaints
- statistically analyse the distribution of our products,
- facilitate our internal business operations, including fulfilment of any legal requirements (for example, submitting information to the Adverse Drug Reaction Advisory Committee (“ADRAC”));
- (where information is also health information for the purposes of conducting research relevant to public health and/or safety), to compile and analyse statistics relevant to public health and/or to provide you with a health service, all in a manner permitted by Australian law.
Arrow may disclose your personal information:
Accessing the personal information that Arrow holds
- to our agents, contractors or third party service providers that provide financial, legal, administrative or other services in connection with the operation of our business, for example mailing houses, software developers, IT maintenance providers and solicitors,
- where acting in good faith, we believe that the law requires or permits us to do so (e.g. to law enforcement agencies, ADRAC or government auditors), or
- if you consent.
If at any time you wish to know what personal information Arrow holds, you can access your record by contacting Arrow. Your information will generally be made available to you within 14 days of receiving your request, without charge.
Correcting or deleting the personal information that Arrow holds
All reasonable steps will be taken by Arrow to ensure personal information is accurate, up-to-date and complete and you will be notified of any such changes. If you wish to update your personal information, please contact Arrow to amend your record accordingly. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please contact Arrow. Your information will be deleted unless Arrow is compelled by law to keep it.
Information storage and security
All reasonable steps will be taken by Arrow to keep secure all personal information from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access. Personal information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities, or in hardcopy paper records stored in secure access facilities. Arrow require its employees and data processors to protect the confidentiality of any personal information held by Arrow. Personal information will be kept until Arrow no longer needs the information for the purposes for which it was collected.
Purpose and scope of Arrow Pharmaceuticals’ Privacy
Where personal information is disclosed to us we will ensure that such information is held, used and disclosed consistently with the National Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act, any relevant Health Privacy Principles under State legislation (e.g. the Health Records Act 2001 (Vic)) and other applicable privacy laws and codes.
Please contact us if you have a complaint regarding Arrow's compliance with this policy or any applicable privacy laws. Arrow will consider and respond to a complaint within a reasonable time frame.
In addition, please contact us if you:
- wish to discuss any privacy issues
- have any concerns regarding your personal information
- do not wish to receive any future communications from Aspen.
You can write to Arrow at:
Arrow Pharmaceuticals Pty Ltd
15–17 Chapel Street
Cremorne VIC 3121
You can telephone Arrow at:
1300 927 769